BUYING A HOME
One of the largest financial decisions in your life deserves professional care that a Realtor® provides. A Realtor® in Colorado must be licensed by the State and as a part of this must complete 24 hours of continuing education every three (3) years to be current and thoroughly understand any/all new real estate laws and contract revisions; part of this requirement is a yearly 4-hour mandatory update class. Additionally they are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly, subscribe to a strict code of ethics, and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate. If you are still not convinced of the value of a Realtor®, here are several more reasons to use one:
- Help in determining your buyer power; With some basic information, Pat can refer you to lenders who can help you decide on the best financing options for you.
- Resources to assist in your home search; Because Pat is part of a network of Brokers, he/she may hear of properties coming to market before the listing appears in MLS. They can also save you time by previewing properties in advance to see if they meet your criteria.
- Objective information about each property; In addition to local community information on utilities, zoning, and schools, Pat can help you determine if the property meets your criteria as a home or investment, and whether the property should have the resale value when you are ready to sell.
- Negotiation skills; From the initial contract to the closing, Pat can help you with the myriad of factors that routinely enter into negotiations including price, financing, terms, date of possession, items for inclusion or exclusion, repairs and furnishings or equipment, and which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
- Due diligence during the evaluation of the property; Pat can assist you in finding qualified, responsible professionals to perform investigations and provide you with written reports.
- Guidance through the closing process; The expertise of Pat Ayers is invaluable to anticipate and resolve any problems that might arise, and to ensure the process flows smoothly.
SELLING YOUR HOME
To sell your home for the highest net proceeds possible, in the shortest time and with the least amount of stress possible is probably your goal. That is what Pat is here to help you with. You need and deserve a professional who works on your behalf and provides a full spectrum of services. Some items that Pat will handle for you and help with during the listing period and throughout the under contract process include:
- Evaluate the market to determine a list price
- Help you prepare your home for the market-place; Suggestions about staging, enhancing curb appeal and/or making needed repairs.
- Prepare marketing materials and promote you property; Arrange for photos, prepare a professional brochure and submit the details of your home to Metrolist® (MLS) which will feed links to the RE/MAX of Cherry Creek website, REALTOR.com® and other syndicated sites. All will highlight the best and unique features of your property.
- Showing feedback and market activity; Keep in communication with you regarding feedback from other brokers on all showings and previews as well as keeping you appraised of the general market activity.
- Negotiate and guide you through the contract process; Once an offer is received you and Pat will review it, Pat will negotiate, if necessary for terms that are acceptable to you, and stay in close communication with you, the other broker, lender, inspector(s), appraiser, title company, etc. throughout the contract to closing.
- Closing; Review with you the Settlement Statements prior to closing and be at the closing when you sign documents.
- Finding a replacement property; If you are staying in the area, Pat is here as well to help you find your new home and coordinate that closing to, hopefully, coincide with the sale of your home. If you are moving out of state, Pat will assist you in getting in contact with a Realtor® in the city you are moving to.